Plan for a marriage, not just a wedding!
If you are engaged or seriously dating and considering marriage, these services are for you. CMFT’s premarital therapy program is designed to help couples get their marriage off to a great start and motivate them to continue the process for a lifetime.
During the premarital preparation sessions, couples get connected specifically about what kind of relationship they want and learn how to make it happen. You and your partner will learn communication and conflict resolution skills, identify your potential “stuck” dynamic and what drives it, and develop tools to get “unstuck” and get your needs met.
TO DETERMINE IF Premarital THERAPY WITH CMFT IS RIGHT FOR YOU, SCHEDULE A PHONE CALL TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT.
Strong families foster healthy communities.
A strong marriage positively and directly impacts each person's level of happiness, physical health and emotional well-being. At CMFT, we believe the life-partner relationship is the foundation of strong families and healthy communities. The best way to prevent divorce and ensure a successful marriage is by participating in a high quality premarital program.
Premarital therapy will enable you and your partner to:
- Explore your relationship strength and growth areas
- Identify your “stuck” dynamic and understand what fuels it
- Strengthen your communication skills, including assertiveness and empathic and active listening
- Open dialogue and find solutions around your “hot topic” conflicts
- Explore your relationship & families-of-origin issues
- Develop a workable budget and financial plan
- Develop your personal, couple, and family goals
- Contact us today to schedule an initial session and begin building a strong relationship foundation.
Premarital Counseling Program
- For engaged couples who know they have a good relationship but want to
- identify and work on their potential "issues" in a targeted and brief format.
- 6-8 sessions, customizable for your relationship.
- Uses the PREPARE-ENRICH assessment and feedback.
- You'll walk away with tangible materials to set yourselves up for a successful life together.
Premarital Therapy Services
- For couples who are seriously dating or engaged who have already identified their areas of strength & growth and want to go deeper.
- Goal of therapy is often to improve communication, resolve active conflict or "injuries", develop ways to manage your differences, get better at meeting each others needs, feel confident that you will have these skills for your future together.
Ready to get started?
Schedule a phone call with us or send us an email. We will address your availability, the cost of therapy and insurance options, and our general approach to treatment.